[opensuse] Edit Files in Document Root of Apache2
  • From: "Anthony Simonelli" <asimonelli01@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 15:19:30 -0600
I am running a local web server and the document root is automatically
set to /srv/www/htdocs. I changed that to /srv/www using YaST and I
notice that the permissions and ownership of the www directory is
drwxr-xr-x root:root. I was wondering is there a way to set this
directory in a way that is still secure, but allows a normal user to
be able to edit files within? Should I change the group of directory
www to group www, give the group write permissions and add my user
account to group www? Is this still secure?