[opensuse] firewall semantics question
  • From: Patrick Shanahan <paka@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 15:20:21 -0500

how do I denote a group of domains as:

xxx.xxx only the first two groups specified but all inclusive

similar to

224.112.221.0/24
which I understand to include all 224.112.221.###

The specific numbers above are for example only and are not
interesting. I am being pelted with access requests for inexistant
pages and php scripts from a range of chinanet sites and want to drop
access at the firewall rather than denying web page access.

Or perhaps a better plan ?? would be to add the group to
/etc/hosts.deny?

Or am I trying to do it the wrong way?