[opensuse] Evolution indexes messed up
  • From: Simon Roberts <thorpflyer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 11:44:26 -0800 (PST)
Hi all,

I've noticed some very slow startup times by evolution mail recently, and I
think I have worked out the first level of what's wrong.

The indexes are messed up in some way.

I see headers for emails, and I see emails, but the two don't match. I think
I'm losing emails that I want, while junk is being kept (maybe)

I've noticed it "storing folder" for anything up to about 20 minutes from time
to time, and each time it does, the thing gets in more of a mess. Today it
looks like it's quite abruptly reached a point of virtual uselessness.

(BTW, I have dozens of folders, and probably 50,000+ messages, even after I
finally got to deleting trash of 70,000+ in hopes that was part of the
issue)

Anyway, the question is, how can I reconstruct all the indexes for all my
folders?

This is Evolution 2.22.1.1 on OpenSuSE 11.0.

Cheers,
Simon

"You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a
man is wise by his questions." — Naguib Mahfouz