Re: [opensuse] (OT) Windows Server 2003 question!
  • From: medwinz <medwinz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 23:37:40 +0700
On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 11:09 PM, James Hatridge <James.Hatridge@xxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all,
The problem is that the server can see and connect to all the workstations and
printers. BUT the clients can not see or connect to the server.

CMIIW this is problem no.1

The clients can see and is connected to the Z:
disk on the server, but I can not add the server's Y: disk.

CMIIW this is problem no. 2

Can one of you guys that work with Windows give me an idea or suggestion to
fix this? If I can get it fix I'll be golden there!

I don't work with windows :-)
But I guess you should share the Y disk and give access to everyone or
to domain member if you use Active Directory, and make sure the DNS
setup is correct on the server. I don't know if your client can ping
the server, but you can enable it by allowing ICMP in the server
firewall setting.

Hope you will be golden :-)

regards,
medwinz

--

Diogenes - "What I like to drink most is wine that belongs to others."