Re: [opensuse] suspend to disk / knetworkmanager problem
  • From: Manne Merak <mannemerak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 17:19:21 +0200
Sampsa Riikonen wrote:
Dear List,

I have a manually configured eth0 wire connection in my knetworkmanager.
Every time after "suspend to disk", I have problems with the network
connection..

even "ping google.com" reports 100% packet loss. It seems there
is no network at all. I have tried everything.. restarting knetworkmanager,
pluggin/unpluggin the ethernet cable, nothing works.
Only thing that works is to reboot my computer.. not very convenient though.

Any known fix, or should I file a bug report..?

I am running suse 11.0 32-bit (kde 3.5.x) on a hp pavilion (AMD 64-bit
dual-core) laptop.

Cheers,

Sampsa

Try restarting networing with
rcnetwork restart (as root)
check /var/log/messages and /var/log/NetworkManager for errors.

Manne