[opensuse] [11.0] 'do_ypcall: clnt_call: RPC: Timed out' since SUSE 11.0
  • From: Lars Behrens <lars.behrens@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 10:24:50 +0100
Hi there,

since SUSE 11.0 we keep getting these messages:

do_ypcall: clnt_call: RPC: Timed out

regularly (about once or twice a day, which makes quite a lot of mails, when
you have a bunch of machines) from our clients which are connected via NIS
(yp) and nfs to a Debian 4.0 server.

The clients work completely normal and show no other strange behavior. I can
find nothing in the server logs and obviously the file /etc/nsswitch didn't
change from 10.3 to 11.0:

passwd: compat
group: compat

hosts: files mdns4_minimal [NOTFOUND=return] dns
networks: files dns

services: files nis
protocols: files
rpc: files