Re: [opensuse] another weird thing
  • From: "Rajko M." <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 23:15:40 -0600
On Wednesday 14 January 2009 07:22:27 pm Carlos E. R. wrote:
On Wednesday, 2009-01-14 at 20:09 -0500, jfweber@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I can't get ANYTHING to play ogg-vorbis all the various ways one might
play them tell me they are text files!! Did I miss a day of class? Cuz I
don't recall having ever to do anything to play them before.. Of course
it could be me but None of the various players that used to play them
wont.

run 'file' on it, like:

file suposed_to_be_a_vorbis_file

Check file associations in KDE Personal Settings > KDE Components > File
Associations

To search type file extension, for instance ogg
I have listed Kaffeine and Amarok/KDE4 , and I just added Amarok (KDE3).

I noticed mess with them after installing few applications, but I couldn't
identify who is culprit. Now I change them as needed.

For instance pdf is opened with GIMP. Fixed.

When I think again it can be another interaction between KDE3 and KDE4 started
from the same user account, one at the time.

--
Regards, Rajko