[opensuse] Re: A question on find and how to out to file
  • From: "Chuck Payne" <terrorpup@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 20:51:33 -0500
Thanks Nordi. Yes much better.

Sent from a blackberry

On 1/14/09, nordi <nordi@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Chuck Payne schrieb:
The problem I am having is nothing is getting wrote to my text file.
Everything I this I get a 0 size file. What am I doing wrong?

Don't know what is causing this, but changing the first line to

#!/bin/bash -v

may give you some hints. Anyway, simply using

du -aS / | sort -n > ~/filesizes

is _much_ faster and also more secure.

Regards
nordi

--
Spam protection: All mail to me that does not contain the string "suse"
goes to /dev/null.

Sent from my mobile device