Re: [opensuse] Workspaces X Wallpapers (KDE4)
  • From: Clayton <smaug42@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 22:28:46 +0100
KDE4 is better already and the future, hence it is the default choice. Read
the mail by the guy who installed it for a new-to-linux-user.

So you are saying that KDE4 is most appropriate for the few former users of
dumbed down idiotware from M$ because they are more comfortable with that
kind of a system and inappropriate for the vast majority of Linux users that
are not used to dumbed down, choicless systems.

Nowhere in what I said about the "new" user I helped with openSUSE did
I say he was used to MS software (the reference about the guy
installing to the new to Linux user is referring to a comment I made
earlier in the thread). Yes he has used MS software in the past, but
for the past year, he has used Kubuntu. I still consider him a new to
Linux user since he is still... well.. new to Linux. He was used to
KDE3.5 That is all he has used for the past year He migrated to
openSUSE 11.1 and is VERY happy with KDE4.1 over 3.5, and I will be
helping him install the 4.2 Beta (which is very nice by the way).