Re: [opensuse] Globbing broken in bash in 11.1 (really serious bug)
  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 09:57:44 -0800
On Wednesday January 14 2009, Josef Wolf wrote:
Hello,

I just noticed a really serious bug in bash filename globbing:

$ echo /B*
$ echo /[A-C]*
/bin /boot

This is on an ext3 filesystem, which should clearly be
case-sensitive!

BTW: I found out about this bug by running

$ rm -rf /some/dir/[A-Z]*

:-/

You're making unwarranted assertions.

This is an option that you can control. Here is a brief excerpt from the
BASH manual page:

"If the shell option nocaseglob is enabled, the match is performed
without regard to the case of alphabetic characters."

Randall Schulz