[opensuse] question about kde and remote files
  • From: Sampsa Riikonen <sampsa.riikonen@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 13:34:16 +0200
Dear List,

This is a question for KDE gurus..

I am using sessions with kate, where each session has several
remote files on a server.

In my university, however, the things are configured in such a way that
several instantaneous sftp connections to a server are interpreter as a
denial-of-service attack. :/

So every time I open a session with several remote files, kate
(or kde, to be more exact) tries to access all of them using sftp
at the same time and my ip gets blocked.

Is there a way to configure kde in general, in such a way that it would
access the remote files one after another? .. maybe not?

I am using kde 3.5.x with opensuse 11.0

Cheers,

Sampsa Riikonen