Re: [opensuse] root CA package
  • From: "Rajko M." <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 23:35:17 -0600
On Tuesday 13 January 2009 10:22:25 pm Moby wrote:
Rajko M. wrote:
On Tuesday 13 January 2009 08:19:28 pm Moby wrote:
Can anyone tell me what rpm package provides the root CA package for
openSUSE 11.1? I need it to get firefox's crashreporter to work - it
uses the system's root CA's.

Thanks in advance.

It is installed here. It is

# rpm -qa openssl*
openssl-0.9.8h-28.4
openssl-certs-0.9.8h-25.1

From YaST description:
***********
openssl-certs - CA certificates for OpenSSL

This package contains some CA root certificates for OpenSSL extracted
from MozillaFirefox , so I guess it should be installed with openSUSE
version of Firefox.

Thanks Rajko. I have the packages installed but Firefox's crashreporter
still complains about root CAs - I will take it up on the firefox bug I
have open. I installed the openSuse rpm of Firefox, and that works fine
- but I had already opened a bug with fireFox and would like to do as
much as possible to help them track down the bug before giving up on it.

I have follow up to the bug report and I had mid air collision with you
comment ;-)

--
Regards, Rajko