Re: [opensuse] Visiting HTML / HTTP Links from KMail Brings Firefox Window to KMail's Desktop
  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 21:13:40 -0800
On Tuesday January 13 2009, Randall R Schulz wrote:
Hi,

I know this issue came up several months ago, but I don't recall
enough to track it down. I also remember that I did not have the
reported symptom on my 10.0 system but do, now that I'm running 11.1.

To recap, when I click on a http URL in a message in KMail the link
is properly directed to Firefox, but unfortunately the window in
which the link is opened is moved to the desktop in which KMail is
running. I don't want this behavior and would like to disable it. How
can I do so?

I found one way to deal with this: Use my "firetab" script that I
ordinarily use to open URLs (file:, http: or otherwise) from the
command line.

By changing the Firefox entry in the KDE Control Center's File
Associations to invoke "firetab" instead of "firefox," the undesirable
symptom is prevented. The only other thing that must be done is to turn
off the "Enable launch feedback" option in the Advanced Options dialog
of the Application tab, lest the bouncing icon persist for many
seconds.

Randall Schulz