Re: [opensuse] root CA package
  • From: Moby <moby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 22:22:25 -0600

Rajko M. wrote:
On Tuesday 13 January 2009 08:19:28 pm Moby wrote:
Can anyone tell me what rpm package provides the root CA package for
openSUSE 11.1? I need it to get firefox's crashreporter to work - it
uses the system's root CA's.

Thanks in advance.

It is installed here. It is
# rpm -qa openssl*
openssl-0.9.8h-28.4
openssl-certs-0.9.8h-25.1

From YaST description:
openssl-certs - CA certificates for OpenSSL

This package contains some CA root certificates for OpenSSL extracted from MozillaFirefox , so I guess it should be installed with openSUSE version of Firefox. ***********
Thanks Rajko. I have the packages installed but Firefox's crashreporter still complains about root CAs - I will take it up on the firefox bug I have open. I installed the openSuse rpm of Firefox, and that works fine - but I had already opened a bug with fireFox and would like to do as much as possible to help them track down the bug before giving up on it.
--
--Moby

deserve neither liberty nor safety. -- Benjamin Franklin