Re: [opensuse] Strange KMail Behavior on 11.1
  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 17:02:56 -0800
On Tuesday January 13 2009, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On Tuesday, 2009-01-13 at 15:24 -0800, Randall R Schulz wrote:

Can anybody shed any light on what is being done and how,
hopefully, I can stop that from happening? It never did that under
10.0.

Wild guess: compacting folders.

I guess that's plausible—I do use mbox mailboxes. I wonder how to
confirm it? If I select multiple folders, the "Compact Folder" command
in both the Folder menu and the folder list context menu are dimmed.
Also, I wonder how to prevent it? I see no options that seem related.

Another thought that occurs to me is that it could be related to
message "expiry." I wonder where that might be configured? I see
reference to it in the KMail Settings under Misc -> Folders as "Exclude
important messages from expiry." I see no other options related to
expiry.

--
Cheers,
Carlos E. R.