[opensuse] FTP How?
  • From: Richard <ricreig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 19:56:42 -0500
Hi

I have an FTP directory set up in /srv/ftp

In it I have a directory; Downloads
which is intended to allow registerred system users to download files from my
system.

I also have a link lrwxrwxrwx 1 ricreig users 44 Jan 13 14:20 Music ->
/mnt/nfs/asus/raidbox/Multimedia/Audio/Music
to allow access to my several hundred gig music library to a few friends BUT,
while the link shows up, no one using ftp can follow the link.

This link points to my file server. Any ideas why a link wouldn't work in
FTP? I can transverse the path just fine as 'me' as long as I am not doing it
using FTP.

What stupidity have I fallen into now?