Re: [opensuse] Any Ideas? Does openSUSE 11.1 support Intel ICH9R as an AHCI out-of-the-box
  • From: Lars Marowsky-Bree <lmb@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 00:49:56 +0100
On 2009-01-13T15:21:36, Yas say <baladeh@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Please remember that the LiveCD will have more drivers and power than the
distro. I have seen that before and you will find posts online about it.

Uh? The LiveCD is build from the distro itself; how can it have more
drivers and more power?

If the LiveCD works, so will the kernel. But unless I'm mistaken, the
ICH9R raid is not true hw raid, so you need the dmraid package to use
it; but even that should work fine.

(Or later versions of mdadm with DDF support, but I'm not sure that's in
11.1 yet.)

Regards,
Lars