Re: [opensuse] Does openSUSE 11.1 support Intel ICH9R as an AHCI out-of-the-box
  • From: Russ Fineman <russbucket@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 15:34:30 -0800
</snip>
On Tuesday 13 January 2009 10:13:01 am Greg Freemyer wrote:
On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 12:30 PM, Yas say <baladeh@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
I have an Intel(R) Matrix Storage ICH9R setup as RAID but openSUSE
doesn't like it and always shows disks as non-RAID sata. So I'm
thinking
of dismantling the RAID to switch to AHCI in the BIOS.

</snip>
Greg i cannot tell you about the raid function completly. When I first
installed my new system with openSUSE 11.0 I installed as raid zero with
two sata drives (320GB) and everything ran for over a month. Then decided
to install as two seperate drives with 11.0 on one and 11.1 on the other.
Still works fine. I have an intel motherboard (DX48BT2) with an x48 express
chip set (ICH9R).

I do not have a Jmicron controller since I found alot of questions about
problems with them when I considered ASUS and Gigabit motherboards.

Sorry I cannot help more.

My eventual goal is to create a raid five environment after I by another disk.