[opensuse] Any Ideas? Does openSUSE 11.1 support Intel ICH9R as an AHCI out-of-the-box
  • From: Yas say <baladeh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 13:34:14 -0800 (PST)
Does anyone know if AHCI is built into the Linux Kernel that comes with
openSUSE 11.1? Please reply.

I have an IntelĀ® Matrix Storage ICH9R setup as RAID but
openSUSE doesn't like it and always shows disks as
non-RAID sata. So I'm thinking of dismantling the RAID
to switch to AHCI in the BIOS.

I loaded Linux AHCI driver from JMicron (I have ahci
JMicron controller too) so I wasn't sure if ICH9R was
also using the same driver.

Before I do that, the big question is: does openSUSE 11.1
provide ahci driver out-of-the-box or is there a Linux ahci
floppy driver download?

This system won't boot as usual because GRUB goes with
the BIOS (ICH9R is RAID), but openSUSE sees all disks as
individual sata.

Some one who knows or has an experience, please let me
know. This's a new machine & the first time I put
Linux.