Re: [opensuse] MediaWiki For openSUSE 11.1?
  • From: Cristian Rodríguez <crrodriguez@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 17:56:14 -0300
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. escribió:

Personally, I'd like to have it packaged so that it worked more like a real
server application. Configuration files in /etc, state in /var, programs,
scripts, and read-only resources in /usr. Preferably with a dependency on a
webapps-common package that contained scripts for rolling out multiple
instances (to a variety of httpds) while continuing to share common resources
from /usr.

In the real world however, it does not work that way..actually very far
from that and is extremely unlikely to change.

--
"We have art in order not to die of the truth" - Friedrich Nietzsche

Cristian Rodríguez R.
Software Developer
Platform/OpenSUSE - Core Services
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH