Re: [opensuse] MediaWiki For openSUSE 11.1?
  • From: "L. V. Lammert" <lvl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 14:08:27 -0600 (CST)
On Tue, 13 Jan 2009, Per Jessen wrote:

Randall R Schulz wrote:

I have to say - with mediawiki, moodle and other similar php-only
applications, I always just install the tarball. It's just as easy,
and I don't see much need for package management, dependencies and all
that.

Thanks for the sanity - thought I might have been missing something! Why
would anyone want a package for a web application? It lives in it's one
directory structure (no /usr, /etc), .. has it's on config environment, ..
and only impacts one *already* userland [web] service.

Lee