Re: [opensuse] Does openSUSE 11.1 support Intel ICH9R as an AHCI out-of-the-box
  • From: Yas say <baladeh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 10:23:32 -0800 (PST)
Besides ICH9R, I also have JMicron RAID controller on this same MB - they are
both Software RAID I believe (their firmware controls instead of hardware). I'm
not with the machine now, but I checked what you said.

I recently updated BOIS of this MB - not sure if that broke something.
However, I have very serious issues with this opensuse 11.1 install.

I have DVD writer that isn't detected by GUI burning tools ( cdrecord -scanbus
can see it). Soundcard won't work.

but the biggest issue is GRUB knows the RAID but not Linux, so disk order
changes dynamically after boot. I had to make floppy boot but later get:
/dev/sdd2 cannot be found, do you want to fallback to /dev/sdde2 Y/n?

My question was: does opensuse 11.1 have AHCI support buil-in?