Re: [opensuse] MediaWiki For openSUSE 11.1?
  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 09:38:22 -0800
On Tuesday January 13 2009, Randall R Schulz wrote:
On Saturday January 10 2009, Cristian Rodríguez wrote:
Randall R Schulz escribió:
it seems like something that ought to be
included in the distribution.

It was included, but has been removed and it is not coming back,
PHP applications are a mayor pain in the back to maintain, zillions
of security problems, too much workload.. You have to look for it
in server:php:applications for now on.

Well, I can't say I agree with the logic. You just displace the work
onto everyone who needs to run this software, and it is very widely
used, far from some obscure, little-used package.

Anyway, I don't know how to interpret "... look for it in
server:php:applications ..." Where do I look?

I found two places that seem like they might be what you referred to:

<http://ftp5.gwdg.de/pub/opensuse/repositories/server:/php:/applications/openSUSE_11.1/>
<http://ftp5.gwdg.de/pub/opensuse/repositories/server:/php/openSUSE_11.1/>

However neither appear to have MediaWiki included.

Is anybody else running / trying to run MediaWiki on openSUSE 11.1?

Randall Schulz