[opensuse] Performance Issue using SAMBA
  • From: elpapanoelfr <elpapanoelfr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 17:47:51 +0100
Hello,

I have a fresh installation of opensuse 11.1 and I'm sharing an entire ext3 volume in raid 5 using adaptec 5805 card with 4 drives samsung F1 spin point 750Go.
I have setup samba as I usually do with the smb.conf and my transfert rate is very low: it starts at 70MB/s for 5 seconds, and drops to 15MB/s until the end of the transfer.

I have compared to windows and ubuntu installed on the same machine, and the transfert rate remains @ 70MB/s.
The write performances of the array is over my gigabyte LAN.

I have googled a bit, but samba tuning options like socket "options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY SO_KEEPALIVE SO_RCVBUF=8192 SO_SNDBUF=8192" changes nothing .

Thanks for your help, cause I really want to keep my opensuse.

Best Regards,

ElPaPaNoeL