Re: [opensuse] Amarok2 and the mysqle error
  • From: Hugo Palma <hugo.m.palma@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 16:38:54 +0000
On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 11:50 AM, Matthias Bach <marix@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi!

Am Dienstag, 13. Januar 2009 11:10 schrieb Hugo Palma:
Does this mean that amarok2
doesn't work at all on openSUSE out-of-the-box ?

To me it was working out of the box just fine. Well, except of that stupid bug
that you have to change the localhost to 127.0.0.1 in the MySQL import wizard
when importing your Amarok 1.4 database.

Regards,
Matthias
--
Matthias Bach
www.marix.org

Solved.
The error i had when i started amarok on debug was:

GREPME MySQLe query failed! Can't find messagefile
'/usr/share/mysql/english/errmsg.sys' on "init"

so i found that that file comes with the mysql package. I installed it
and everything is good now.
Still don't understand why i had to install the mysql package as it
seems other people have it working without it.