Re: [opensuse] How to Mount External Drives Manually?
  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 08:17:38 -0800
On Tuesday January 13 2009, auxsvr@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
The above is meant to mount removable disk partitions via hal/dbus.

- Does it (as I suspect) retain the auto-mounting behavior? I want
to inhibit that, too (making the mount-point selection aspect moot,
I know).

I'm not sure what you mean. Using KDE 4.2 here, the disk isn't
mounted automatically when I plug it in.

I'm using KDE 3.5.

Whenever new external drives or media appear (CDs and DVDs,
flash-RAM "thumb drives," USB and FireWire external drives, etc.) two
things happen: They're automatically mounted on directories in /media
(mount-point directory names created from volume information of the
file systems on the media or device) and KDE responds by presenting me
with a dialog asking me what I want to do now that the new device /
file system volume has appeared.

Maybe I should go back to my original question: