Re: [opensuse] OpenVPN (no route to host)
  • From: James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 07:28:05 -0500
Danesh Daroui wrote:
Hi,

I have installed OpenVPN on my OpenSUSE 10.1 in order to connect to it
from a XP machine. The installation on both server and XP was
successful (using routing and not bridging) and both parties see each
other and messages show that connection established successfully
between them. The problem is when I start using internet on my client
(XP) using VPN through my Linux server, no page is shown and I see the
message:

Tue Jan 13 10:59:50 2009 write UDPv4: No Route to Host
(WSAEHOSTUNREACH) (code=10065)

on my client side. Besides, when VPN connection is established, I
still have my original connection on XP side active and I can browse
through it and VPN connection is used unless I disable my original
connection. Should I really do that or other configuration is needed?
I have attached both server and client configuration files.

If you want to access the internet via the VPN, you probably want to
change the default route to pass through the VPN rather than directly
through the local internet connection. You may also need a route to
allow the VPN to work.