Re: [opensuse] Firefox Java plugin misbehaving
  • From: Philippe Andersson <pan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 11:25:12 +0100
Hello Michal,

Michal Vyskocil wrote:
On Wednesday 07 January 2009 18:30:29 Philippe Andersson wrote:
Hello,

For some time now (a few months), I've had problems accessing some (not
all !) java-based web servicse: the applet won't start, and the system
typically displays a high CPU load.

Originally, I linked it with the upgrade to "update10" of the Sun Java
plugin, but reverting to update9 (or even to Java1.5 for that matter)
didn't resolve the issue. I was hoping that applying update11 (I just
did) would restore the service, but it didn't either.

My setup:
- OpenSuSE 11.00, 32bit, fully patched
- Firefox 3.0.5

You can fill a bug into a bugzilla, but I'm afraid I cannot help you, because
it's probably a Sun problem. But I can help you with identifiing of that
problem
In the mean time, a colleague of mine made a similar test, and all those
java applets work for him. He's already on 11.1 (and 64bit instead of
32), but he's using the same version of Firefox and Java.

This leads me to believe that it could be more of a configuration / user
environment issue than a software compatibility issue.

Do you know of a way to get an output of any error message the java
plugin might issue, similar to those you would get in your terminal when
starting a local java app through the command line ? Maybe it's just a
classpath issue. Any other troubleshooting tips are welcome.

TIA

Cheers. Bye.

Ph. A.

--

*Philippe Andersson*
Unix System Administrator

The contents of this e-mail message and any attachments are intended solely for
the recipient (s) named above. This communication is intended to be and to
remain confidential and may be protected by intellectual property rights. Any
use of the information contained herein (including but not limited to, total or
partial reproduction, communication or distribution of any form) by persons
other than the designated recipient(s) is prohibited. Please notify the sender
secure or error-free. Ion Beam Applications does not accept liability for any
such errors. Thank you for your cooperation.
< Previous Next >