Re: [opensuse] dunno if this helps the non recognition of the ( Novell) DVD11.1 or not
  • From: jfweber@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 02:05:18 -0500
On Tuesday 13 January 2009 01:05:45 am Mike McMullin wrote:
On Mon, 2009-01-12 at 22:27 -0500, jfweber@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
There was an error in the repository initialization.
'repo-update': [|] Valid metadata not found at specified URL(s)
History:
- Unknown error reading from http://download.opensuse.org/update/11.1/
- SKIP request: User-requested skipping of a file
- Download (curl) error for
'http://download.opensuse.org/update/11.1/repodata/repomd.xml': Error
code: Error message: Couldn't resolve host 'download.opensuse.org'

But it seems a good thing to forward for all you wondrous wizards who can
make sense and improvements off all this kind of thing. I've been
knocking around here long enough for most of you to remember I don't
speak programmer . Something to do w/ brain "hard wiring" for lack of a
better term.

Anyway that's my good deed for today. I retire now to my fridge for the
previously mentioned ice cream (prior message )

J is this the store bought DVD that you were trying to get, or the
DownLoad version? I'm just wondering about the integrity of the burn on
the media.

Sorry luv, I really *am* getting brain-fryed I should have said this was the
Boxed DVD from Novell arrived today... by Late-ish post ..
I can't add repositories manually even Just spent nearly 1hr trying anything
I could think of that has worked in the past or I *think* it may have worked
in the past.
The refusal post install of Yast to recognize the Dvd also is the same on DVD2
( It says it's"commercial software ) IT is also the same on either dvd drive
( I have two in this system)

I have had problems in the past w/ burning various install media, and although
one can do a media check and at least know that the disk might be a coaster,
or an AOL candidate not certain if either of those items is actually diferent
from the other.
;^D

That and not wanting to waste my time and energy wish I assure all of you is
much less in supply than any other carbon based energy on the planet. IS one
reason that I buy the disk. I get everything, and since I need both 32bit and
64 bit systems to install here, it seems a reasonable and equitable prospect.

It does to me at any rate and I am the one who is paying for it.