Re: [opensuse] Problems with opensuse 10.2 Ext3 file system
  • From: M Harris <harrismh777@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 01:53:28 -0600
On Monday 12 January 2009 05:35, Lee Ross wrote:
      Which system mount point got honked?   /home?  /usr?  /var?

How do I find this information?
Did you load your system with more than one partition?

From your rescue disk try to mount the / partition. This depends on how
you load your systems. I typically have 12 mount points;
& /home, /usr, /var, etcetera are all mounted on separate partitions
(partially to avoid security issues, partially to increase performance, and
partially to avoid the problem you are running into). Since the offending
partition is /dev/sda8 I am assuming you have /var and /tmp on separate
partitions... and normally one of those is the one that gets honked. If you
can manually mount "/" then look at your fstab file in /etc.

--
Kind regards,

M Harris <><