Re: [opensuse] Digital video camera and firewire port...
  • From: Simon Roberts <thorpflyer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 22:26:34 -0800 (PST)

----- Original Message ----
From: Mukul Singh <mukul.singh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: suse <opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, January 12, 2009 3:34:21 PM
Subject: Re: [opensuse] Digital video camera and firewire port...

I have a Victor DV camera from which I wish to download the videos to my
hard disk. I connected the camera to my pc using the firewire cable and
nothing happened. How do I go about downloading the videos?

Regards

Sorry, forgot to mention that I use OS11.1 with KDE 4.1.3.

I use Kino on OS11.0. If memory serves, I fetched it in source form
from the kino website, tried to build it and it had a bunch of
dependencies. Installed most, perhaps all, of them directly from Yast,
and "just worked".

Sorry I can't be more specific, it was a little while ago, and didn't really
cause enough trouble to be memorable.

Only issue I had was with sound, but that issue was 11.0 specific, so you
should be fine.

HTH
Cheers,
Simon

"You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a
man is wise by his questions." — Naguib Mahfouz