[opensuse] dunno if this helps the non recognition of the ( Novell) DVD11.1 or not
  • From: jfweber@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 22:27:38 -0500
There was an error in the repository initialization.
'repo-update': [|] Valid metadata not found at specified URL(s)
History:
- Unknown error reading from http://download.opensuse.org/update/11.1/
- SKIP request: User-requested skipping of a file
- Download (curl) error for
'http://download.opensuse.org/update/11.1/repodata/repomd.xml': Error code:
Error message: Couldn't resolve host 'download.opensuse.org'

But it seems a good thing to forward for all you wondrous wizards who can make
sense and improvements off all this kind of thing. I've been knocking around
here long enough for most of you to remember I don't speak programmer .
Something to do w/ brain "hard wiring" for lack of a better term.

Anyway that's my good deed for today. I retire now to my fridge for the
previously mentioned ice cream (prior message )