Re: [opensuse] Microsoft fonts
  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 14:34:06 -0800
On Sunday January 11 2009, Steve Jeppesen wrote:
On Sun, 11 Jan 2009 06:59:04 -0500

Dave <diacobel@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
If they have not, how can I get them installed?

I usually look for the Arial font to see if the ttf fonts were
installed.

I am not sure if attachments are allowed or not, but I've attached a
fetchmsttfonts.sh file to this email. If the attachment comes thru,
great. If not, do a search on the net for that file.

It worked for my 11.1 install even though there were alot of error
msg's. YMMV

Steve

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get the Microsoft fonts on an
openSUSE 11.1 system that don't involve scripts of unknown origin, that
produce "a lot of error messages" and bypass the RPM system?

I found an RPM spec file and instructions for building a Microsoft font
RPM, but the build script requires a utility called ttmkfdir which I
cannot find.

Any suggestions?

Randall Schulz