Re: [opensuse] BuildService and freedom? (was: How to compile for i86 on a x64 machine?)
  • From: Josef Wolf <jw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 22:26:07 +0100
On Fri, Jan 09, 2009 at 08:07:36PM -0600, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
On Friday 2009 January 09 18:45:00 Andrew Joakimsen wrote:
The buildservice is intended only for opensource software, so in that
regards I believe you do loose some freedom (others might disagree) if
your project is not already opensource.

It is true you lose the freedom to infringe on others' four freedoms.[1]

I did not mean it this way. I'll try to explain:

When we totally rely on the build service, we might reach a point
that we can not build without this service anymore, no matter whether
we have the sources or not. So there's the risk that we would not
be able to build anymore, should this service become unavailable at
some time in the future.

But it seems like I am the only one with such (paranoid?) thinking,
so I am probably totally wrong.