[opensuse] Re: Media mystery.
  • From: Charles Philip Chan <cpchan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 09:30:49 -0500
peter nikolic <p.nikolic1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
writes:

I have just tried that here with the Star Wars VI DVD and found content
that does not show up anywhere else not in a full commercial DVD player or
with Kaffeine or Xine most strange have to check the rest of the
collection out see what else is hiding ..

Ha ha :-). One more thing I want to add, if you encounter a dvd that
can't be dumped with dvd://, you can try dvdnav:// (some dvd need
that). However, you will need a mplayer linked to a recent copy of
dvdnav- the Packman version has that.

Charles

--
"Are [Linux users] lemmings collectively jumping off of the cliff of
reliable, well-engineered commercial software?"