Re: [opensuse] I'm getting spam that has been cleared by www.dnswl.org
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 14:41:44 +0100 (CET)

On Monday, 2009-01-12 at 09:35 +0100, Per Jessen wrote:

Carlos E. R. wrote:

Hi,

It appears that spamassassin does a test against www.dnswl.org to
whitelist addresses:

RDNS_NONE,SUBJ_ALL_CAPS autolearn=disabled version=3.2.4

The problem is that, the RCVD_IN_DNSWL_HI gives the email a high
negative score (not spam) to an email that is clearly spam.

Yes, that is the purpose of DNSWL. If you're absolutely positive that
what you is spam, I would talk to the guys at dnswl.org.

I didn't see a reporting box. :-?

I have no idea how to know which of the received headers spamassassin
thinks it is good. And if I learn who it is, I do not know either how
to tell the folk of that white list they should blacklist it.

Is it possible that that email was relayed via the suse mailserver, and
that those are whitelisted by dnswl.org?

Yes, I think that is the case, for the one tagged "HI"; it was sent to my opensuse.org alias. I got two others tagged MED and LO. The problem is that Spamassassin doesn't explain which "received" header it is marking as "whitelisted".

What I have done is I lowered the score tenfold, I don't think we can trust that score that much as to give it "-8" points. If it gives high scores to any opensuse.org address, when it works as a remailer, it doesn't make sense.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.