Re: [opensuse] Re: Media mystery.
  • From: peter nikolic <p.nikolic1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 09:37:58 +0000
On Monday 12 January 2009, Charles Philip Chan wrote:
"Fred A. Miller" <fmiller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

writes:
Thought about it.....but hadn't gotten there yet. I may try
that....thanks. 'Not something I've had to play with....yet. ;)

It is very easy to do, first find the starting point of the movie by
playing the dvd with:

,----

| mplayer dvd://1

`----

Most likely track 1 is the movie. If it is not, increase the number
until you find it. Now run:

,----

| mplayer -dumpstream -dumpfile <file_name> dvd://1

`----

Substitute the number 1 if it is not the right track.

Charles

Hi .
I have just tried that here with the Star Wars VI DVD and found
content
that does not show up anywhere else not in a full commercial DVD player or
with Kaffeine or Xine most strange have to check the rest of the
collection out see what else is hiding ..
#
Pete .

--
SuSE Linux 10.3-Alpha3. (Linux is like a wigwam - no Gates, no Windows, and an
Apache inside.)