[opensuse] Yahoo Web Beacons
  • From: Mark Misulich <munguanaweza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 19:14:55 -0500
Hi,
I just ran across this info on another forum to which I belong, and I
thought that you might be interested if you don't already know about it.
I don't know how this will affect Linux boxes.

Yahoo is Tracking Group Members

If you belong to ANY Yahoo Groups - be aware that Yahoo is now using
"Web Beacons" to track every Yahoo Group user. It's similar to
cookies, but allows Yahoo to record every website and every group you
visit, even when you're not connected to Yahoo.

Here is the page to go to if you desire to opt-out in the US:

http://info.yahoo.com/privacy/us/yahoo/opt_out/targeting/details.html

Note that Yahoo's invasion of your privacy - and your ability to
opt-out of it - is not user-specific. It is MACHINE specific. That
means you will have to opt-out on every computer (and browser) you use.

Mark