Re: [opensuse] is avahi mandatory
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 16:59:27 +0100 (CET)

On Sunday, 2009-01-11 at 16:41 +0100, jdd wrote:

Hello,
I just noted that avahi-daemon is taking 50% of my cpu.

Is it harmless to remove this? I have no direct use of zeronconf as
each time it got in the way it was to do stupid things (like setting
unexistent interface)

rcavahi-dnsconfd stop
chkconfig avahi-daemon off

do that and try for some days. I did, and so far, I didn't notice anything. I didn't have cpu problems, as far as I can remember, but I don't need it.

but I don't know the dependencies

Just dissable the service for now, remove later - or leave, just in case.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.