Re: [opensuse] Creating a boot CD
  • From: Philip Burness <pburness@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 11:02:05 +0000
On Friday 09 January 2009 22:28:40 you wrote:
On Fri, Jan 9, 2009 at 4:59 PM, Philip Burness <pburness@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
Many years ago it was possible to create a boot (floppy) disk for those
times when loading windowz after Linux your boot partition was lost. Is
it possible to do this still only create a boot CD disk with your image
on so you can re- load grub?

Thanks

The normal SuSE install DVD supports this via the rescue menu selection.

I don't recall if the LiveCDs do or not.

Greg
Hi Greg,
Thanks for the reply,
Do you know how to do this using the rescue menu? I am fearful that as I
install windows on a partition on my machine it will overwrite the boot sector
and I will not be able to boot into Linux again. Hence I'm looking for the
command(?) mechanism to be able to re-establish the boot sector.

Best Regards