Re: [opensuse] BuildService and freedom? (was: How to compile for i86 on a x64 machine?)
  • From: Michal Vyskocil <mvyskocil@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 11:50:26 +0100
On Friday 09 January 2009 17:17:36 Josef Wolf wrote:
On Tue, Jan 06, 2009 at 03:24:40PM +0100, Michal Vyskocil wrote:
Usage of osc (osc build openSUSE_foo i586 spec),

I am somewhat reluctant to use the build service. Probably I am wrong,
but it seems to me like using the build service means to give up some
freedom. Am I the only one with this feeling or is it just the result
of mis-information.

Well, I don't know how freedoms you should loose with BuildService, but that's
not important. You can still run your own BS instance, or use an old plain
build script to create chroot environment to build of packages, which is
better that installing of 32bit packages on your machine directly.

Regards
Michal Vyskocil