[opensuse] It's more than a boot problem
  • From: Yas say <baladeh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 13:00:23 -0800 (PST)
Well, I do not like to create an alarm, but the problems we have are more than
"boot issues" and scrambled hard drive partitions. as I said before, the
running opensuse 11.1 and Grub know different hard drive partitions.

I thought some openSuSe developers watch posts on this list. I will take a
picture of GRUB saying fuzy things about my hard drive partitions.

we have raid5 on Intel ICH9R controller. I wish someone can tell me what driver
I should find and load. Reason I'm asking this is: the CD tha I used to install
opensuse 11.1 loaded the right modules and detected raid, but not the running
OS.

dmraid is and libdmraid is the only software raid I see in yast. I searched
google and intel but couldn't find a driver.

I'm not a programmer but i understand opensuse well and i'm not going to create
a bug report.

I tried to compile a kernel but couldn't see any benefit. I'm now checking
/usr/src/linux/Documentation and hope it will light up something. I'll also try
to call Intel Monday for Linux ICH9R raid driver.

If anyone has any hint please reply. as I said before my system profile is at:
http://www.smolts.org/show?uuid=pub_bbc1af31-25b1-4eb1-aa1f-aa8aab2b67c7

thanks