Re: [opensuse] Slow SSH, well sort of...
  • From: Verner Kjærsgaard <vk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 19:53:25 +0100

Matthias Bach skrev:
Hi!

Am Samstag 10 Januar 2009 schrieb Verner Kjærsgaard:
I takes a looooooooooong time to log in. Once in, anything typed echoes
back as expected, for example "l" to get a directory listing. But - the
listing itself takes 10 - 15 seconds to emerge.

Is the server publically reachable? In my experience having SSH reachable via port 22 can make the server pretty much stall due to the massive amount of login attempts carried out by drones.

Regards,
Matthias

- thank you for your answer.

- I see no (not yet anyhow...) the usual attacks in the logs. When they start coming, I'll install denyhosts :-)

--
Med venlig hilsen/Best regards

Novell Certified Linux
Professional 10035701