Re: [opensuse] Re: Problem with popping in audio and stuttering graphics...
  • From: Clayton <smaug42@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 19:49:38 +0100
It's not noise. I wasn't aware of this either. Question is... is the
only realistic solution to recompile? Yuck. I can do this, but... it
has been a while.

I believe so. However, I am used to compiling my own kernel (I was a big
fan of the CK patchset while it lasted), so it doesn't bother me.

OK rebuilt the kernel using the recommended tweaks mentioned earlier
in this thread and ran some tests. Initial results show a 37%
increase in frame rates in OpenGL applications. That is rather
stunning. I will be doing some more testing here, if I can get
similar results in other OpenGL apps I will be very happy.

C.