[opensuse] Re: Problem with popping in audio and stuttering graphics...
  • From: Charles Philip Chan <cpchan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 09:46:23 -0500
auxsvr@xxxxxxxxx writes:

I'm not sure what you mean. I had sound issues with an emulator, and
switching to a preemptible kernel (CONFIG_PREEMPT set) improved the
situation noticeably.

I am talking about your sentence here:

,----
| The opensuse 11.1 kernel isn't preemptible because of some errors.
`----

There are no errors, it is just not set in the default config.

You might also want to get rid of Pulseaudio. This is one of the first
thing I did- Pulseaudio's latency is terrible.

Charles

--
"I once witnessed a long-winded, month-long flamewar over the use of
mice vs. trackballs...It was very silly."