Re: [opensuse] Color me stupid :( Need slusb
  • From: Anders Johansson <ajohansson@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 13:25:59 +0100
On Friday 09 January 2009 19:11:48 Simon Roberts wrote:
It turns out that it's another breed of soft modem, and although it seems
to be recognized by my system (OS 10.0) the output from hwinfo says I need
to "modprobe slusb" to get it running.

But there ain't no slusb available, and I can't even find out what package
that would be part of.

The slusb driver is provided by smartlink themselves. I have no idea if they
keep it up to date with the latest kernel development though.

http://www.archtek.com/drivers.html

Any offers, or should I just tell the world I don't deal with FAX any
more!?

The best would probably be to find a true hardware modem. They work best
anyway

Anders