Re: [opensuse] Please share openSuSe developers with this issue
  • From: Yas say <baladeh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2009 20:30:20 -0800 (PST)
well, cat /proc/asound/card0/codec#* | grep Codec gives me:

Realtek ALC889A

the sound is: Realtek HD but Intel claims it. this server was running Windows
before, so it showed Realtek HD audio. I guess it is running on Intel PCI bus.

That leads me to the reason this server won't boot to the traditional GRUB.
Intel ICH9R raid isn't detected and I have RAID5 on it. that is why disk order
was getting messed up. disks on Intel raid work individual(AHCI) in openSuSE -
amazing. I wish we could fix this.