Re: [opensuse] Howto Consolidate/Change which /boot/grub gets booted first?
  • From: "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2009 22:18:54 -0600
On Friday 2009 January 09 21:50:50 David C. Rankin wrote:
How do I tell grub to boot the 11.0
install first instead of booting from sdc so that when I remove the drive
I'm not left unable to boot?

There might be a YaST way to do this, and I don't know it.

However, I would simply edit /boot/grub/menu.lst and change "default 0"
to "default 1". Documentation for grub is in info pages; "info grub" at the
command-line or info:grub in konqueror. In specific you need node "default".

Even if I wasn't removing sdc, I would still like to know how to make
grub
boot from my original /boot instead of the last installed /boot. Can
somebody point me in the right direction to get this fixed? Thanks.

You can also just remove the new entr(y|ies), if you like.
--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. ,= ,-_-. =.
bss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ((_/)o o(\_))