Re: [opensuse] Please share openSuSe developers with this issue
  • From: medwinz <medwinz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 10:17:12 +0700
On Sat, Jan 10, 2009 at 8:32 AM, Yas say <baladeh@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Another issue is that soundcard was detected and configured but no audio. we
would try to compile a kernel but there are no drivers missing here.

Please help this email reach the right openSuSe people.

You use Intel ICH9 Audio like me. It should be working. I put my
experience on
http://medwinz.blogsome.com/2008/12/26/workaround-for-sound-problem-on-opensuse-111-on-intel-ich9/

Maybe different case with you but you can try.

If you sure that it is different, you can fill the bug report
(https://bugzilla.novell.com/) and hopefully someone from Novell can
add the quirk to the upstream code so that it'll work without model
option in future kernel update.

hope this help.

regards,
medwinz

--

Zsa Zsa Gabor - "I'm a great housekeeper. I get divorced. I keep the house."