Re: [opensuse] BuildService and freedom? (was: How to compile for i86 on a x64 machine?)
  • From: "Andrew Joakimsen" <joakimsen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2009 19:45:00 -0500
On Fri, Jan 9, 2009 at 11:17, Josef Wolf <jw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, Jan 06, 2009 at 03:24:40PM +0100, Michal Vyskocil wrote:

Usage of osc (osc build openSUSE_foo i586 spec),

I am somewhat reluctant to use the build service. Probably I am wrong,
but it seems to me like using the build service means to give up some
freedom. Am I the only one with this feeling or is it just the result
of mis-information.

The buildservice is intended only for opensource software, so in that
regards I believe you do loose some freedom (others might disagree) if
your project is not already opensource.